Friday, November 30, 2007

The CaffeBar 3

One visit, two salmon dishes. A usual Cuisine Set for me while Dad went for an ala carte soup and main.


Cream of Broccoli Soup ($6.80)

My favourite veggie whipped into a healthy and inspiring broth.



Walnut Bread

We both enjoyed this crusty brown bread off the bread bar. Bit of walnuts were delightful.


Medallion of Salmon with Soy-Honey & Wasabi Sauce

My same old boring order. Clearly more generous cuts of salmon this time, holds to its firm shape and pleasantly less greasy. Even that bright green wasabi sauce was doubly potent to thrill into the nostrils. Yum.



Roulade of Salmon with Wild Rice ($19.80)

Dad's thick salmon chunk served over steaming hot wild rice. Looked more like black grains in a soupy broth to me.

I shall make it a point to try their other dishes the next time. Time for some change (:

No comments: